Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mistborn Llamas


This is an image I did for a Tshirt design recently. It's loosely based on the book Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sandereson. I did the design for Brandon and a writing group he is in. The llama part is from another writer in the group and the bone dagger is from yet another writer in the group. All in all it was a fun project. The hardest part was definetly trying to work out some llama anatomy into these action poses. I did the project for a chance to read Mistborn before it was published and then a signed copy of the book when it came out and let me tell you I got the better end of that deal. The book is fantastic. Brandon has quickly become one of the writers who I will buy anything he puts out there (unless of course we barter more art for free books). I can't praise it enough. Go buy it right now. If you're skeptical about buying the book check out Brandon's website where he has plenty of free chapters and other goodies. I go there all the time to see what free junk I can get inbetween his published works. His site is www.brandonsanderson.com. Also while I'm plugging cool sites, the friend of mine who set me up with this cool gig is the guy who did the art for the maps in the mistborn book. He's one of the coolest guys I know and has a hilariously cool site. www.nethermore.com. Thanks for the help Isaac.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, Shawn! Love the art for Mistborn Llamas. Can't wait for forthcoming t-shirt designs!

Vanessa said...

I love it. Although I don't think I've ever seen llamas look so serious. They almost look angry/mean.

Shawn Boyles said...

Well they are killer assasin llamas, so I had to make them fairly mean. This is actually what llamas look like when you're not around. It's all an act to get your guard down.

Unknown said...

شركات مكافحة القوارض
شركة ابادة الحشرات
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
مكافحة البق
مكافحة حشرات الفراش
شركات مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here
here

شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة تخزين اثاث
شركة نقل اثاث الرياض

Unknown said...

افضل شركة كشف تسربات
كشف تسرب المياه الكترونيا
الكشف عن تسرب المياه
شركة عزل خزانات
عزل اسطح
شركات تنظيف الخزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل مائي
شركة عزل
شركات كشف تسربات بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه
شركة كشف تسرب المياه
كشف تسربات الماء
شركة تخزين اثاث
شركة تنظيف
عزل خزانات
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
افضل شركات التنظيف في الرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض